Friday, January 14, 2011

Diary of an Addict

I'm currently taking 120mg of methadone per day (for last 3yrs). It has helped me with my pain...it is what it is...right?...a pain-killer? I've heard that it has also lived up to it's partcial name, killer.

It's easy to search up methadone and find thousands of stories in which methadone was the "silent" killer. All the lives it's responsible for taking without a warning. So many have laid down to sleep but to never again wake up. Was it overdose or murder?

I can only speak for myself when I say NO ONE told me the long term affects of this pill. Of coarse, I received the print-out that comes along when getting scripts filled from the pharmacy...it explained in one l-2 lines what the drug was and then continued to list the same side-effects as with any other narcotic pain medications.
Here's SOME of my symptoms:

  • hair loss
  • weight gain
  • more pain than ever before
  • severely weakened bones
  • muscle spasms
  • constipation
  • teeth are rottening from the inside out
  • acne
  • mood changes
Again, these are just some of the side-effects I deal with daily. And I still get up each morning reaching for the bottle. I need them now...the pain I have without them is 200% more than the pain I had BEFORE them.

*post again soon*

Thx for reading,
@mber

No comments:

Post a Comment